Rising investor interest in Gold as an asset class has produced a bounty of Gold ETFs and ETNs.
In the column Gold Rally Spurs a Boom in Funds, the WSJ‘s John Spence writes that investors worried about inflation and the global economy are stuffing cash into gold ETFs. As a result, we now have more choices than ever when it comes to gaining exposure to gold through exchange traded products.
Spences lists several ETFs and ETNs that provide exposure to gold including:
- ETFS Physical Swiss Gold Shares (SGOL)
- iShares Comex Gold Trust (IAU)
- SPDR Gold Shares (GLD)
- E-TRACS UBS Bloomberg CMCI Gold ETN (UBG)
- PowerShares DB Gold Fund (DGL)
- PowerShares DB Double Long ETN (DGP)
- ProShares Ultra Gold (UGL)
- PowerShares DB Gold Double Short ETN (DZZ)
- PowerShares DB Gold Short ETN (DGZ)
- ProShares UltraShort Gold (GLL)